Latest

UK authorities have approved new criminal charges against Kevin Spacey

UK authorities have approved new criminal charges against Kevin Spacey

Prosecutors in Britain have approved additional charges against actor Kevin Spacey, including three counts of sexual assault related to incidents that took place between 2001 and 2004.

Rosemary Ainslie, Head of the Special Crimes Unit of the Crown Prosecution Service, said A news release Wednesday said Spacey faces a total of seven additional charges, including one count of “engaging a person in sexual activity without consent” and three counts of indecent assault. The CPS statement said the new charges relate to alleged sexual abuse of a man.

Spacey, 63, had already faced several sexual assault allegations in the UK. The authorities announced it last May Prosecutors agreed Criminal charges against the actorincluding counts arising from alleged incidents between March 2005 and April 2013 involving three men. In July, Speci Appeared in a UK court, where an attorney for the actor said he “vehemently denies any and all wrongdoing in this matter.” A trial is set for June 6, 2023.

Spacey, an Oscar-winning actor, has seen a career decline since he was first accused of sexual misconduct in 2017. Actor Anthony Rapp told BuzzFeed News that Spacey made sexual advances toward him at a party when Rapp, now 51, was 14 and Spacey was 26. After the publication of the article, Speci a Social media statement Allegedly he was “terrified” but did not remember the alleged incident. “If I behaved as he described, I sincerely apologize to him for deeply inappropriate drunken behavior,” Space wrote.

After the explosive BuzzFeed report, more than a dozen others have come forward with accusations of sexual misconduct against Spacey, some of which have led to legal action. In 2019, he not guilty He was later charged with a felony charge of indecent assault and battery An 18-year-old man is accused of assault In 2016 at a Nantucket bar. The case was later dropped, with prosecutors citing the “unavailability of the prosecuting witness”. A California massage therapist accused Spacey of sexual assault and battery in 2018, but the case was dismissed after the accused died before trial. Rapp sued Spacey in civil court in 2020, accusing the actor of assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Last month, a New York jury found Spacey not liable in the $40 million lawsuit.

Spacey’s entertainment projects have declined significantly since the barrage of allegations against him. He was fired from Netflix’s “House of Cards” in 2017, for which he received 10 Emmy nominations before the show’s sixth season. In August, a judge in Los Angeles Instructed the disreputable actor To pay $30 million in compensatory damages and other fees to producers of political dramas.




#authorities #approved #criminal #charges #Kevin #Spacey

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
asas-techno.com