SWCA 2022: 7 things we learned from the Summer of LEGO Star Wars panel
Today at star wars Celebration Anaheim 2022, Lucasfilm and the LEGO Group celebrated everything LEGO star wars, from toys to games to animation. Nicknamed “Summer of LEGO star wars“, the panel – moderated by Yvette Nicole Brown – featured many people working behind the scenes at LEGO star warsincluding Douglas Reilly (Vice President, Lucasfilm Games), Jill Wilfert (Vice President, Entertainment and Content Partners, The LEGO Group), Jens Kronvold Frederiksen (Design Director, LEGO star wars, The LEGO Group), Chris Gollaher (Director, Product Design, Lucasfilm), Josh Rimes (Vice President, Animation Development & Production, Lucasfilm), Jason Cosler (Senior Director & Producer, Content Development, LEGO Group) , David Shayne (writer and filmmaker) and Leland Chee (senior creative executive, franchise story and content, Lucasfilm). As we discovered, the name of the sign would deliver on its promise: there will be plenty for LEGO to build and experience star wars fans this summer. Here are seven things we learned.
1. You will soon be able to build your own BD-1. The adorable droid of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gets the LEGO brick treatment, as a new set has been revealed in the panel. “It’s a relatively complex building experience,” said Jens Kronvold Frederiksen, noting that it consists of 1,062 parts. “This model is really about detail and authenticity.” He’s posable, with posable legs and a tilting head, and features an extendable tray that holds canisters, just like in the game. The set also comes with a nameplate and a minifigure version of BD-1.
As BD-1 is customizable in Jedi: Fallen Order, everyone involved was determined to capture the essence of the droid. “We had a lot of conversations about ‘What’s the basic look of this character?’ And then we use it, and the Jens and his team do a fantastic job of bringing it to life. available for pre-order now on LEGO.com and arrives at all major retailers on August 1st.
2. The First Andor– Lego themed star wars the whole thing is on its way. Frederiksen also revealed “Ambush on Ferrix,” a set inspired by the upcoming Disney+ series that includes minifigures of Cassian Andor, his companion Luthen Rael, and Inspector Syril Karn, plus Karn’s Mobile Tac-Pod and a speeder. bicycle. Karn’s ship has a double rotation a stud shooter, movable wings and doors that open and close. “We knew this scene was going to be a really exciting scene,” Gollaher said. “It was really exciting to see it come to fruition like this.” The set is also available for pre-order now only on Target.com and lego.comand only arrives at Target and LEGO retailers starting August 1.
3. Darth Vader will be ready for the beach in LEGO star wars Advent Calendar 2022. Although the panel is not yet ready to share everything included in the LEGO star wars Advent Calendar 2022, Frederiksen has revealed a fun summer figure of Darth Vader that will be part of the set – now an annual tradition for fans. The clever figure finds Vader in a red tank top, proving that even Sith Lords need a vacation. Speaking of what…
4. LEGO Star Wars: Summer Vacation arrives on Disney+ on August 5, 2022. After Episode IX, our heroes have just defeated the Emperor and must flee. “I don’t know how all of your vacations have been, but my family vacations have often gone a little awry. It will happen to them, maybe,” David Shayne teased. It promises to feature tons of characters from across the saga, but Yvette Nicole Brown was thrilled to hear that Lieutenant Valeria – who she voiced in LEGO Star Wars: The Adventures of Freemaker – is also back. Finnish fans will also have something to cheer about. “Finn is going to be front and center,” Shayne said. Fans can also expect a musical number in the big LEGO star wars particular traditions.
5. Lucasfilm and the LEGO Group have teamed up to honor 45 years of Star Wars: A New Hope. The panel played a surprise short film, which finds heroes and villains spanning the story of star wars attend a screening of the film that started it all. Hilarious and charming, he captured everything special about LEGO star wars and the galaxy far, far away. (Grogu using the Force to grab popcorn was a highlight.)
6. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is the biggest LEGO star wars game ever. “The fan reaction has been overwhelming,” said Douglas Reilly. “It was really great to see the fans share the joy.”
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga also added DLC outside of Skywalker Saga, including The Mandalorian, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and more. “If you are a star wars fan, we have some LEGO star wars for you everywhere,” Reilly said.
7. Why LEGO and star wars does it go well together? Jill Wilfert, who worked on LEGO star wars from the beginning, has a theory. “It’s inherently about the fact that LEGO and star wars are about people’s imagination, creativity and inspiration,” Wilfert said. “It’s also amazing to see these two really big, iconic global brands come together and create something really special and unique.”
Dan Brooks is a writer and editor at StarWars.com. He likes star wars, ELO and the New York Rangers, Jets, Yankees and Knicks. Follow him on Twitter @dan_brooks.
Site tags: #StarWarsBlog, #SWCA22
#SWCA #learned #Summer #LEGO #Star #Wars #panel