Sports

Red Sox offer ‘several players’ in MLB free agency

Red Sox offer ‘several players’ in MLB free agency

Is it just cool before the Boston Red Sox Offseason storm?

The Red Sox have yet to make a significant deal — through free agency or trade — but team president and CEO Sam Kennedy indicated Wednesday at the Major League Baseball owners’ meeting in New York that Boston Ready to make waves.

“Coming out of (last week’s) GM meeting, I can tell you we’ve been very active,” Kennedy said, according to Michael Silverman of the Boston Globe, “even though I know people don’t want to hear how aggressive we’ve been, because that’s something to announce.” It doesn’t mean anything until it doesn’t.

“But I can tell you that we have made offers to a number of players, including our own players. And we’re cautiously optimistic that things will start moving here.”

Although Kennedy (obviously) revealed none External free agent A Red Sox target, he confirmed the club extended offers to both Xander Bogaerts and Rafael Devers to Silverman. Bogaerts is A free agent After getting out of his contract (and Declining Boston’s qualifying offer), when Devers is ready to hit the open market next Untimely.

Boston’s front office has been adamant about its desire to keep both franchise pillars for the foreseeable future, with Red Sox chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom acknowledging last week that Bogaerts’ organization Highest priority This offseason. Both players are young, skilled stars who have proven to be able to handle the pressure while playing in Boston.

“You have to factor it into the calculus,” Kennedy said, according to Silverman. “It’s not for everyone. It’s intense. A lot of scrutiny is being done.”




#Red #Sox #offer #players #MLB #free #agency

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
asas-techno.com