Movies

Maverick’ Sees $19.3M in Thursday Previews – Deadline

Maverick’ Sees $19.3M in Thursday Previews – Deadline

After 36 years of waiting, the Tom Cruise after Top Gun: Maverick finally took off to a massive $19.3 million premiering from Thursday sessions at 3 p.m. and a unique fan event on Tuesday at 7 p.m.

This is the most profitable overview of Primordial The history of pictures and the highest-grossing Memorial Day preview in history; and of course, it’s the best for Cruise. Early projections ahead of the weekend were $80-100 million over four days, and a high-octane start like this could easily propel Top Gun: Maverick to top Memorial Day weekend opener, surpassing 2007’s four-day total of $139.8 million Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.

Without question Top Gun: Maverick also looks to be the best opener of Cruise’s career, easily leaving his 2005 three-day tally behind. War of the Worlds which was $64.8 million.

Everything works in Top Gun 2Favor: This is the widest release ever at 4,735 theaters and has 5 out of 5 stars on ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak, with a positive recommendation of 96% and a whopping 84% definite recommendation. PLF (31%) and Imax (21%) combined accounted for 52% of preview ticket sales. Imax alone tallied $4.1 million in previews, the best of all time for the exhibitor with a Paramount title, a Cruise movie and a top 10 Imax result of all time.

Also juicing bucks for Top Gun 2 is a Certified Fresh score of 97% on Rotten Tomatoes after a month of buzzing world premieres and a current audience score on RT of an incredible 99%.

Paramount’s previous big preview was in 2009 Transformers: Revenge with $16 million, which was a Tuesday and culminated in a Wednesday of $62 million (previews were 25% of that figure). The best Thursday previews for a movie opening over Memorial Day weekend actually belong to Disney Star Wars: A Single-player Story which saw $14.1 million, but was only 40% of its first Friday’s $35.3 million. This film was filmed by fans and yet resulted in a four-day, $103 million holiday opening.

Thursday previews began at 3 p.m. for the Paramount/Skydancing feature. Additionally, there was also a “Top Gun” Tuesday with large-format premium screens, Imax and Dolby opening their curtains at 7 p.m. for a single show. We hear that the majority of the sequel preview money was made yesterday.

Top Gun: Maverick smashes Cruise’s previous Thursday preview record, from 2018 Mission: Impossible – Fall which made $6 million.

Top Gun: Maverick means a little something extra for the exhibition and the studios in general: outside of the older guys who participate, which is what Cruise always attracts (Fall attracted 41% men over 25), the hope is that this sequel plays wide, from under-25s to the female Cruise fans who hung his posters in their bedrooms and lockers in the 1980s. last night saw an unweighted turnout of 57% boys to 43% women. FallThursday Night brought in 26% of its first day Friday of $22.8 million before earning $61.2 million.

20th century workshops

Twentieth Century Studios/Disney Bob’s Burgers movie information seen $1.5M in previews of shows that started at 5 p.m. The photo is 86% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with a current audience score of 96%. A four-day $10-14 million launch is planned for 3,425 locations across the United States and Canada. Along with other previews, Sing 2 made $1.6 million in its first Tuesday shows, Charm made $1.5 million in Tuesday previews while The villains made $1.2M on Thursday night before it opened on Friday.

Among the regularly ranked films yesterday, Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness earned $2.4 million from 4,534 theaters, -14% from Wednesday for a three-week total of $354.4 million.

Focusing characteristics’ Downton Abbey: A New Era was second with $1.3M, -11% from Wednesday for a first week of taking $22.6M in 3,820 locations.

Universal/DreamWorks Animations The villains was third yesterday with $576,000, up 1%, at 3,705 sites and a five-week running total of $76.7M.

A24 Everything everywhere all at once booked at 1,576 posted a ninth Thursday of $426,000, -16%, and a cumulative $54.3M.

from Paramount sonic the hedgehog 2 drew around $330,000, -4%, to 2,943 for a seven-week cumulative total of $182.6m.


#Maverick #Sees #193M #Thursday #Previews #Deadline

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
asas-techno.com