Malaika Arora Suggests Three Yoga Asanas to Help ‘Cool the Body’ This Summer
Summer, the season of scorching heat, sweat and parched throats, is uncomfortable to say the least. With the temperatures soaring, it becomes difficult to stick to your workout regimen because hot weather warms the body quickly. But what if we told you that you can now increase your fitness level and refresh your body simultaneously?
Malaika Arora, who regularly gives insight into her fitness routine, recently shared three yoga asanas that will refresh your body. “Don’t let the heat take over this summer, cool off with yoga“, she wrote, as she demonstrated the poses, dressed in an all black Athletics together.
“In this week’s #MalaikasMoveOfTheWeek, @malaikaaroraofficial recommends three asanas that will help you cool down the body. Try these asanas: Pigeon Pose, Cat Cow Pose, Tree Pose.” the fitness enthusiast captioned the post.
The best of Express Premium
Pigeon Pose (Kapotasana)
Besides cooling the body, this asana helps to reduce stiffness, increase the elasticity of the spine, arms, shoulders and thighs and strengthen the muscles and joints of the lower limbs. It also releases stress and soothes body and mind.
How to do?
* Sit on your knees with your spine straight.
* Now gently stretch your right leg backwards (behind you).
* Continue to extend the leg until your left knee and foot are adjacent to the right hip.
*Make sure your toes are pointed.
* Bend forward and inhale deeply.
* Now push your abdomen (chest) outward.
* Stay in the position for about 20 to 25 seconds.
Cat-Cow Pose (Marjaryasana-Bitilasana)
A fusion of two stretches, the Cat-Cow pose gently stretches and warms the spine and abdomen. It also helps to get rid of accumulated fats.
How to do?
* Kneel on all fours and slightly arch your lower back and torso, bending at the hips on both sides.
* Arch it again and raise your head, breathe easy, inhale and exhale.
Tree Pose (Vrikshasana)
One of the most common yoga poses, the tree pose helps strengthen the spine, tendons, and ligaments in the feet. It calms the mind, stimulates concentration and makes the body sturdy as well as flexible.
How to do?
* Stand up straight, place your feet together.
*Keep your arms at your sides.
* Without twisting your left knee, lift your right foot and hold the lower leg (ankle) with your right hand.
* Now bend your right leg at the knee joint.
*Using both hands, place the right heel on the left thigh as high as possible, toes pointing down.
* Your right heel should press against the left thigh.
* Try to balance yourself on the left leg.
* After that, join your hands in Namaskar pose and raise them above your head.
* Try to stretch and stand up straight while keeping your balance.
* Hold the position for as long as you can.
*Exhale and bring your hands back to your chest and release.
#Malaika #Arora #Suggests #Yoga #Asanas #Cool #Body #Summer